Table of Content
Munich's top culinary attraction: the Royal Beer House
Munich has so much to offer when it comes to food. First of all, we can't leave out theRoyal BreweryThe Royal Beer House is a must-see restaurant in Munich. The Royal Beer House, which I introduced in my Munich travelogue, is not only a famous restaurant but also a must-see attraction, so it is always crowded. The huge interior is filled with tourists and local diners.
At the Royal Beer House, the minimum amount of beer you can order is 1 liter, which is a little too much for a small drinker, but it's a must, and it's really superb.
It's roast pork, crispy skin, just the right amount of seasoning, and served with the simplest of potato sides, I think it's even better than pig's feet, and it was one of my favorite meals in Germany.
We asked for a small portion of roasted pig's feet because we had too much to eat. As you can see from the photo, the pig's feet are really small, like a big chicken leg, but the taste is as good as a big pig's feet.
Schneider Weiss beer house
For the meal, I ordered white sausage and grilled pork rib.
The roasted pork ribs at this place had a crispy crust and a firm bone-in texture, and the side dishes in particular were seasoned slightly better than all the other side dishes I've had.
Munich Grain Market
If you are tired, you can order a Pretzel and coffee at the roadside café. There are so many different flavors of Pretzel here, I don't know what to choose.
This shop specializes in German sausages.
Here comes the magic, the German pig's feet that you can eat for 5 Euros, and the portion is huge. Of course, the pork knuckle in the restaurant is still better, but if you want to save money and want to try the German flavor, you should come here.
I would like to mention Postwirt Sauerlach, which is also in Munich, but it is far away from the city center, so it should be considered as a suburb of Munich. The reason why we came here is because we chose to stay in a neighboring hotel the night before we went to the King's Lake. This is a dining experience far away from the tourist area, less crowded around, sitting outside with a group of locals is very relaxing.
On this day, I ordered a white wine and a stout.
For the main course, I ordered lamb chops and roast pork pot with vegetables.
- Germany Self-Drive Itinerary 2017/08 (Berlin - Dresden - Munich)
- Three Days, Two Nights Berlin Itinerary
- Berlin Attractions(Part 1): Berlin TV Tower, Red Town Hall, Nikolaikirche, Museum Island
- Berlin Attractions(Part 2): Grosser Platz, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Victory Column
- Berlin Attractions(Part 3): Checkpoint Charlie, Oberbaum Bridge, East Side Gallery, Berlin Wall Memorial, Charlottenburg Palace
- Potsdam One Day Tour: Wunderkammerpark, Old Town
- Day trips around Dresden: Bastei Saxony, Schloss Pillnitz, Pillnitz Palace
- Dresden: Florence on the Elbe
- Rothenburg Rothenburg ob der Tauber : A frozen medieval German city
- Day trip to Königssee: Germany's most beautiful lake
- Day trip to Chimesee: the largest lake in Bavaria
- Neuschwansteinstraße and Schloss Hohenschwangau: The Fairytale World of Mad King Ludwig
- Munich Attractions (Part 1): Marienplatz, Neues Rathaus, Atlas Rathaus, Hofbrauhaus, Royal Beer House
- Munich Sightseeing (Part 2): Unification Church, Teatro-Artina Church, Munich Royal Palace
- Munich Attractions (Part 3): Peterskirche St. Peter's Church, Viktualienmarkt Grain Market
- BMW Museum in Munich: The Pride of German Industry
- German Culinary Journey (Part 1): Dining in Berlin and Potsdam
- German Culinary Journey (Part 2): Dresden and Rothenburg
- German Food Tour (Part 3): Beisgasden, Lake Keim, Fussen Dining
- Germany Food Tour (Part 4): Munich Cuisine
Thank you for visiting our website.
All the content on this site is original and shared with the purpose of providing valuable information. We sustain the operation of this site through a small amount of advertising and sponsored links. If you click on links to third-party merchants on our site and make purchases, we may receive a portion of the sales as a commission. If you click on links to third-party merchants on our site and make purchases, we may receive a portion of the sales as a commission.
Find more posts on a map Here.
My recommended resources for hotel bookings.
My recommended resources for activity bookings.
Buy me a coffee and support my contents!
If you are interested in quoting this article or using any part of its content and images on your website or publication, please contact us via email to request permission.